Thursday, September 29, 2005

Finally

Finally, oh finally the Cincinnati Bengals are showing signs of life. Having seen them for the last ten years as a team with no real leadership, with no direction, with... nothing really, I am getting excited about this season. I don't believe I've done this before, but while sitting alone at home, watching the second game against the Vikings when Palmer threw a 70 yd. touchdown pass to Chad Johnson on the second play of the game, I jumped on the couch laughing and clapping away like a crazed simian.

They are 3-0 as of this posting. This football season, I may be cheering for a winning team - finally.

I wish the same could be said about the Indian cricket team. The Ganguly-Chappell fiasco underscored how low this team has gone. And the absolute gutless resolution of the BCCI shows a total lack of vision for Indian cricket. I am done cheering for this losing team - finally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home